View Single Post
Old 15 October 2019, 11:53 PM   #62
jamesvale
"TRF" Member

i'm with the majority here and this is why..... my dad purchased a red 1680 in a card game in 1986 (year i was born). I remember trying it on most weekends and one day hoping it would be mine. He was a bit of a character and also a keen mountaineer. The 1680 survived Antarctica, the Himalayas and many more amazing places. Unfortunately and unknown to me, my father landed on hard times a few years back and sold it for a fraction of what it was worth, without consulting me (i would have given him the cash if i'd have know). He, like most fathers was too proud and embarrassed to ask me. When i found out i tried to contact the shop but they had sold it and wouldn't pass on the buyers details. I guess the memories are still there but id pay a lot to have that dirty, scratched 1680 on my dads wrist now!

With that in mind when my son was born last year i managed to get a white 116500 from my local AD. I rotate it but make sure to give it wrist time and it will one day be his.

I hope that helps cements what you seem to already be thinking, wear it and make memories
jamesvale is offline   Reply With Quote