View Single Post
Old 8 August 2018, 07:13 PM   #35
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
If Seiko fixed their alignment issue on some of their dive watches that would immensely enhance their reputation. I know its a very small thing, but it does not go down with people spending their good money on a product that has quality issues which are apparent on the face (pardon the pun) of the watch.

I have to admit I may have been tempted to buy a $650 dive watch, but with the grey dealer openly stating in the description:

"The chapter ring and index & bezel index and face index not being aligned perfectly."

I think twice, well more than twice, $650 is good money for a watch.

Put it this way, you wouldn't buy a new car if the panels were out of alignment, you wouldn't buy a new mobile phone if the screen/bezel was out of alignment with the case, so why should Seiko think they are any different?

As a Rolex wearer, this is the only thing that I really think Seiko could and should address.

It's not like Seiko get parts supplied from different companies, they are all in house components and should match up perfectly or at least perfectly to the naked eye.
I agree there is no excuse. Now on my only one a spb071j1, the bezel is perfect. My wife picked it up in person at an AD north of Toronto. She made sure it did. The AD told her he has had no problems with the Japanese ones at that price point and higher. But it is a big problem on many of the other models. I would like to see it corrected. Just out of pride you would think they would.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote