View Single Post
Old 10 August 2018, 08:09 AM   #44
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Well some have said before that there is no discernable difference in quality between "JDM" and "NON-JDM".

I guess buying over the counter rather than over the internet is the best way to ensure the watch you buy is to your liking and alignment.
This... JDM/Japan Made doesn't mean it won't have an issue with the chapter ring.... You really just need to see it in person before picking one out.

I bought one of the SPB051s online and it showed up with a mis-printed (not misaligned) rehaut chapter ring. So I sent it to Seiko Service Center. The tech told me it was fine. Refused to change it out, arguing that it's impossible to print things perfectly every time. It just screamed "lazy" to me. So I bought the part, popped off the crystal and replaced it myself. (I have modded several Seikos so I knew what to do)

IMHO, a $1,000 watch (which was a JDM model purchased through a Japanese seller) shouldn't need that sort of "fix" immediately out of the box. It left a bad taste in my mouth, so I ended up selling it.

I still have 5 vintage Seikos, an SKX009 (my first mechanical watch purchased in 2005), and my Marinemaster 300 SBDX017.

The SBDX017 is a phenomenal amount of watch for the money, even at full retail (~$2900). I wear mine 90% of the time. At least until my GMT Master II shows up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180605_195054.jpg (134.4 KB, 137 views)
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote