Old 2 April 2018, 01:41 PM   #408
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avega357 View Post
I have now read all 430 posts and the answer is definetly...........MAYBE

No joke, the answer is MAYBE
All bickering aside, here's the information we have:

- BLNR, SS LN, and green-dial YM GMTs were displayed in the main case at Baselworld this year;

- Those same models were missing from the Basel catalog and price list, whereas every other sports model reference currently on the Rolex website was included in the catalog (barring the Daytonas, which I haven't checked);

- ABTW reported the BLNR is discontinued, but did not provide any basis for that claim; no mention was made of the SS LN or the green-dial YG;

- ABTW then amended that report to say that Rolex claimed they were intending to continue production of the BLNR; in the same blog post, ABTW continued to speculate the BLNR was still likely to be discontinued or possibly updated, again without explaining why they believed that;

- Fratello also reported Rolex's claim to continue production of the BLNR; likewise, no mention of the SS LN or green-dial YG;

- Many AD websites show only the six GMT models shown in the Basel catalog; the BLNR, LN and green-dial YG are not present; it is fair to note that not all AD website listings are comprehensive;

- Some ADs are claiming they can order the BLNR; at least one AD has said the BLNR will be for sale as long as there is existing stock, but Rolex will not continue to produce it, which is why it is still shown on the Rolex website, but was not in the catalog.

So yeah...maybe. The evidence is contradictory and confusing. It has also come in piecemeal, so the thread has evolved as we've gotten more information. It hasn't helped that some members have come in and argued against the factual existence of the objectively available information, calling it "fake news," or accusing some of us of spreading misinformation and rumors. I submit we haven't been doing that. We've just been clarifying the information available and trying to understand it the best way we can. To the extent we've had to keep demonstrating the information actually exists, to say nothing of what it might mean, this thread has become much longer than it might otherwise have been.