Thread: Paul Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 29 July 2019, 06:18 PM   #27
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
So if anyone goes to WikiWatchLeaks, you will see it confirmed that Jamie Thorpe (the convicted watch fraudster) is in fact Paul Thorpe's son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZD4qUBuqVY

The fact that this conviction fits in with when Paul departed YouTube may or may not be a coincidence (Paul clearly cites the robberies he endured as the reason).

As Paul Thorpe says in his statement, he is not responsible for the actions of a "relative". However, and I say this as someone who has found his return to YouTube to be refreshing and his videos to be very helpful, I am slightly surprised that he chose to use the word "relative" throughout, rather than son, denoting further distance from him as would be the case. Who refers to their son as a "relative"?!

I also think Paul Thorpe has to be realistic: basing much of his content on being an honest ex-dealer seeking to help us buyers out there, he should not be surprised that people will find it odd that his own son is a convicted watch fraudster. This weekend alone I have been the victim of two attempts at watch fraud, and believe you me, I have no time whatsoever for people like that.

I will remain open minded about Paul Thorpe, but I think he can expect more and more scrutiny as he seeks to build a YouTube and podcast presence that generates an income for him.