View Single Post
Old 22 May 2018, 10:56 AM   #19
aduong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeleus View Post
Question for you . Why would you put your name on a list for 3 watches if your are not ready to pull the trigger? If you have to ask on a forum, can you really afford these water ches

Gal,

First question is fair. I have a good relationship with my AD and knowing that i am flexible on models since 5712 is such a long wait when i asked and looking to buy a piece before year end, I was told to put 3 pieces on the list as they do not know when they arrive and what order. I also get first dibs since they know my purchases history on top of wiring a deposit.

Second question - Don't know how to answer such an out of context question??? Seems like everyone else was sharp enough to understand the dilemma.

Further clarification:

The dilemma is: which ones out of the 3 should I pick given different qualities and is the 5712G a good choice or rare prompting me to purchase now vs my original year end timeline.

Timing is not about the ability to purchase, but making a mindful purchase with me self disciplining my spending... pointing out the fact we are buying timepieces the price of decent cars and should be mindful to which ones and self impose some rules for myself. Not buy as if it were a pack of gum.
aduong is offline   Reply With Quote