View Single Post
Old 31 January 2020, 04:50 PM   #28
levin123
Banned

Okay having read the whole thing here are my 2 cents.

Whilst I don't think Chris set out to scam the client, I think what happened is

- He got a decent price on a Daytona that he intended to flip

- Sometime between posting the watch for sale and promising to ship out the watch he realised it was fake.

- To protect his reputation he went panic mode stalled and stalled and stalled on shipping to try and find a real watch to send, hence all of the excuses regarding the shipping, and refusing to give the buyer any details at all about the supposed shipped parcel, as well as refusing to provide any correspondence between himself and DHL and insurer.

- Using family issues, NZ volcano and Bushfires as excuses - some or part of those excuses may be true but I find it hard to believe that all of these issues compounded at the same time - whilst possible, unlikely.

- Buyer understandably threatens legal action and Chris makes the drastic move of just sending out the fake watch hoping the problem will go away.

- Once buyer finds out it's fake, Chris doesn't have the funds to refund and drags the process out longer

That's my assessment based on the facts, really poor from Chris actually and should rightfully damage his rep