View Single Post
Old 23 March 2018, 01:44 AM   #47
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcompa View Post
I think we have to keep in mind that most people (normal folks, not watch enthusiasts), pick a watch based on overall appearence and not the details. I think our little niche of a community is far too focused on the details, measurements, models and parts that absolutely are transparent to most of the watch buying world. We project too much that they think like us. Most have no idea which model number they are wearing, when it came tomarket, which famouse person wore it, was ut used on the moon or in a race car...

So, my guess is that they will keep the BLNR on the website as long as there are some out there to sell, and use all parts in stock until they are gone. Eventually the new case will becme the BLNR case, they will add a "2" to the model number and keep the money making blue/black color combo. Rolex is first and foremost a corporation focused on revenue. As long as there is a healthy demand, they will produce a supply...perhaps not the exact case or movement, but a suppply with the black and blue combo.
This 1000Xx