View Single Post
Old 2 October 2019, 08:29 AM   #65
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Certainly agree among the AP & PP cognoscenti in a subjective sense.

But the world is wider and to kill the Daytona means overtaking 50+ years of marketing and name recognition.

To become a Daytona killer in an objective sense, what measures should be applied?

Neither brand is aiming to produce enough copies of their chrono’s to challenge Rolex’s Daytona production in 5 different metals and as many styles of bracelet/straps. They all cross every price boundary from mid ten thousands up to nearly $200K - I just can’t find a metric that either AP or PP will displace the Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet are about more than just metrics my friend. The AP and PP offerings are haute horology with a savoir faire incapable of rolling off the mass produced Rolex assembly line. I am buying a YG Daytona, but not because it is better than a Nautilus or RO, but because its a good reliable tool watch with the reliable Zenith chronograph movement that I want. The market position and "prestige" of the Daytona is only because of the Rolex marketing machine, not because of anything else.
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote