View Single Post
Old 26 March 2020, 12:41 AM   #3844
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Could you define hoarding? Did you yourself not stock up on supplies early on, like I did (thought I remember reading you did this, and sealing everything in plastic containers)... I wouldn't say I hoarded, but got a few more items planning for long term, like dried beans, rices, pasta, etc. all before the media frenzy.

I think people are harshly criticizing hoarders, and it's very unfortunate that has come to this, but I can also understand the frenzy give the nature of the situation. I seriously don't want to leave my house for months, and I know I'm going to need to eventually though. I did not get nearly enough toilet paper for the record, but I have not run out yet. Hopefully the situation gets under control for everybody before too long.
I think there are the people who were just doing what they thought was right for their families RE: preparing and then there are the people who were just being jerks. The jerk category would be Hand Sanitizer Guy and the people buying 10 value packs of toilet paper.

The issue is this: if every single person that walks into a store on a given day buys just one box of spaghetti, it is going to cause a supply chain problem. So people don't even have to "hoard" for us to run into a problem. It's going to be a tough nut to crack.