View Single Post
Old 9 September 2014, 01:14 PM   #29
iclick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJon View Post
My Montblanc uses the highest grade Valjoux 7750 day+date and it is incredibly close to perfect over a week maybe +3 to +6 seconds. I don't do any sort of positional regualation and wear it and most days I use the chrono to time something inane just because I can...
The Valjoux 7750 is a chronometer-grade movement that very easy to regulate internally, unlike the Rolexes with the Microstella screws. I could get the Tudor closer, probably to a second or two per day variance without positional regulation, but laying it down with crown up overnight in its current configuration is easy enough. It tends to run a bit fast on my wrist and crown up slows it down about 4-5 sec. overnight. I don't mess with the Rolexes myself, though, as stopping the balance wheel with tweezers while screwing in or out two microscopic screws makes me nervous. I'll leave that to the watchmakers. Regulating to +2 sec. with dial up usually gets them very close.

I like your idea of using the chrono on a daily basis and might start doing that myself for kicks. The problem with the Tudor is that its sub-dials are hard to read with its polished SS hands against a black background, and the Daytona is no better with its white background. The Montblanc chronos I've seen suggest that more attention is paid to readability in those models.
iclick is offline   Reply With Quote