View Single Post
Old 1 October 2020, 04:45 AM   #106
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
How often does people know where watches came from further than the seller? Most pieces offered have been on the market before and watches often change hands behind the scenes dealer to dealer as in this specific case. Dealers don’t ”find” all the watches they sell.

After rereading the entire thread watchknut’s post #34 is the key. He states that when Stephane was question about the dial being Re lumed Stephane stated it was a different dial. Clearly false and fraudulent statement trying to cover his misdeed as watchknut points its the exact same dial.

Based on that There’s no doubt in my mind as a buyer that Stephane’s name is mud in my book. As far as MM is concerned what took place between those two is for them to sort out. I reserve judgement on MM until proof comes out he deliberately scammed Stephane. But it seems clear to me that Stephane should have known and did know what he was buying and resold the watch without full disclosure. Cardinal sin in this business end of story. MM not responding has him going from one black eye to two even though there’s only circumstantial evidence in his involvement in the fraudulent sale to the buyer. Would be nice to hear another side of the story.

Best to avoid both for now to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote