View Single Post
Old 7 December 2017, 07:20 AM   #32
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post
I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here, I think the big mistake here is people thinking of companies like RB and others are replacements to the original manufacturer. As an owner of fine timepieces and frequent RB customer I would challenge that and say that those guys are just a high quality alternative. To me as a customer I see that they only make products for some of the top timepieces in the world. So if I want something different I give them a shot simple as that. Up till now no complaints and will go as far as putting one on my 5980 that has never seen anything but the original leather just because I travel a lot between NY, PR & Miami so when I stay at a hotel I dont like to take my watch off, can shower or do the pool thing if I’m in the mood. I guess life is just this way; hit or miss, you had a bad experience and I haven't. Anyways just a few thoughts. I really enjoy this forum and have been able to interact with very cool people in such short time. Same way there's probably someone says the contrary! Haha!

Well said, and I agree with you about companies like Everest and RB simply being a high quality alternative.

It's funny, because I've post a lot in the past showing pictures of alternative straps.

There's always a good half dozen to a dozen posts the say only, The "so and so OEM" is better. My response is always, OK, I don't disagree, but this is a cool strap
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote