View Single Post
Old 12 January 2019, 09:05 AM   #122
Panerol Forte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synequano View Post
Another thing to note regarding pam serial number....they often make a small variation using the same reference number,that's why sometimes we add the year letter or the "special characteristics" after the model number,almost like Rolex owners discussing flat 4 or drilled case or T<25 dial etc...

These are the common ones that I can think of:

26,28,29 A/B - refer to original version of these references,some have small differences in comparison to the "retro" version

Plain bezel 24/25 - refer to early 24/25 without extra markers between lume pip and 15 pip on the bezel (and usually with tritium dial)

Painted 111/112/176/177 - refer to early models (E-G/H year) with painted dial and highly decorated graffiti movement

183G - refers to first year 183 with "black seal" written on the bottom part instead of top part of the dial

233 dot - already explained by Travelller

292J - refer to first year 292 with "pig" submarine printed on lower part of the dial

317K - refers to first year 317 with black movements instead of smoky sapphire display back

372 plexi - refers to 372 N-O-P with plexiglas crystal instead of sapphire

510/560/562/564 sandwich - refer to early iterations of the models with sandwich dial instead of painted dial on current models

I might've missed some but these are the ones that I often heard

Okay,enough of me thread-jacking,back to more discussions about 233....
Thank you so much Synequano. You and Traveller are making my learning curve easier. There is so much to assimilate, all those references to discover, and the calibers to compare. It's a lot of work, but it's fascinating. By the way, your 368 is amazing. That picture you took of it really does it justice.
Panerol Forte is offline   Reply With Quote