View Single Post
Old 29 November 2017, 02:15 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt888 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice between 2 watches. The Rolex day date 40 yellow gold with the diamond black dial has been my childhood dream watch. The AP royal oak is my adulthood grail watch. I love both so much and I can't decide which one to buy. What do you think is just the nicer watch in general? I think the royal oak is just plain sexy and I love how it plays with light. The day date is also a beautiful watch but I find it a bit more dressy. My wrist size is bout 7.5 inches and I'm a bit stalkier of a guy as I workout quite a bit. I also wear a lot of casual wear and suits throughout the week. I'm looking for an everyday watch that I can dress up and down. I believe both can do that, just one is slightly dressier than the other meaning the Rolex. I'm also looking for a little bit of a status piece as well as I've been fortunate enough to be able to afford either one.

No one I know wears a AP of any sort or knows much about it. But I do have a lot of friends with all sorts of Rolex's. I generally don't like to have the same things as others but in this case it won't matter as I just want my one gold watch!

Looking forward to some great advice!

AP is a much nicer watch and there is no real debate about that IMO. Personal preferences may sway people one way or another, but the AP is nicer period, and the finishing is second to none.

The DD has never really done anything for me so I would get the AP. I like the fact that a lot of people will notice it but won't have a clue what it is. Most people will recognize a Rolex.

Look at a 15202 in RG also. If i was going full gold AP RO, that is the one to get. Its 39mm but will wear big and will be about the same as a DD so don't discount it based on the stated size.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote