View Single Post
Old 25 June 2021, 10:49 PM   #654
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I was referred by someone to the boutique as I also don’t live close by one. He did not own any FPJ watches but is interested about the brand and since he lives close by the boutique so he went in and got invited to some events. The feeling he got is that the boutique arranges events to better know their potential collectors and to screen for flippers. So attending one event may help to let them know you better.

I never bought any piece from the boutique as my only FPJ was bought from an AD out of the country. But when I inquired about getting a CS, I was told my name will be on the list and will find out about timeline at the end of year when the allocation comes in. (Being warned that it can be quite a wait)
100% - was just at NYC boutique this past Saturday. They flat out said that they bring in their trusted collectors to these cocktail hours and based on their feedback they try to weed out flippers. They want people who want the watches and have true passion for the brand. Honestly due to their limited production I can't fault them for this.

I'm in Westchester NY - I have the fortunate luxury of a 40 minute ride into the city so attending these events would be feasible. Always looking to get to know fellow collectors as well and cocktails - well that's just the icing on the cake.