View Single Post
Old 3 January 2010, 12:24 PM   #72
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont Miller II View Post
Maverick you are clearly educating me here. I have followed various PN threads in the past relating to this, and I thought the only 3 colored dials aka 3 CROC aka Texas dials aka Mayer dials in question were the ones for the 6263, 6265 ie the ones that have the screwed down pushers. Am I correct? If not go easy on me.
Yes, I believe that is correct. It would nice to see a high def pic of just the dial.

Checking the back would be interesting to see how the Singer stamp appears but BE CAREFUL handling the dial and only let someone you trust with your life handle that dial. It only takes one slip an there goes a tritium dot. They just instantly turn to dust when touched.

The bottom line is that it is hard to prove they are not OK due to the fact the Rolex has serviced them and they have been sold in auctions for large sums. I know big collectors that still will buy them and some that prefer to stay away. =) maverick

On a different 'correct' PN dial which has sloppy "S" in the "SWISS' printing, another correct trait

maverick is offline   Reply With Quote