View Single Post
Old 25 February 2015, 06:12 AM   #112
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsboy View Post

+1.
I've contacted Ben a few times even though I've only bought from him once (very sweet deal and watch).
In all the emails and questions we've exchange, he's never once been off-beat with me and always but always answered my questions even though I've probably been a pain in asking too many.
Camera angles and lighting levels can show Patina for better or worse. I'd have no problem dealing with him again if something took my fancy.
i was interested in a watch he has been trying to sell for MORE THAN A YEAR. after asking for some more pictures, i gave him the price i was interested in, which i felt was in line with where this reference is going for on ebay. we arent talking about a 6542 here but a 1970s DJ. upon receiving my price, he sent me a scathing email telling me i was wasting his time and he wouldnt have wasted his time taking pictures.

well, the watch is still unsold and he has lowered the price such that he is now only a few hundred dollars away from my "wasting time" price and it still wont sell.

i also have some other experiences ive heard from several serious collectors regarding laser welding, touched up dials, franken watches. im not going to repeat them here but where there is smoke, there is fire.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote