View Single Post
Old 16 December 2018, 01:11 PM   #20
TLV1665
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665 RAIL
Thank you for taking care of my watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip ridley View Post
I would assume so...I can only go off what he told me and that was it's only been serviced once and no parts were replaced.
Hi, Phillip. I cannot be happier with your servicing my 1665 rail Rolex. It has been my day-watch for 36 years and now that it has been completely serviced, it's ready for me to pass down to my son.

This has always been my intention. I haven't seen my son in eight years, and after Christmas, I'm flying to visit him in Israel. I'll be wearing my watch when I sit down with him and his wife to tell him this story. I'll ask him if he remembers the watch. He'll say he does. I'll take it off, hand it to him, and tell him, "It's yours." Then I'll tell him the whole story about purchasing the watch in Tel Aviv before he was born, and I'll share with him all the photos of the two of us, photos where I'm wearing the watch. It will be a great evening.

I want to thank you, Phillip, for your guidance and expertise along this journey.

The watch is original to the day I purchased it in March of 1982.

I'm documenting this story with photos in the Vintage Rolex Discussion thread ""Sea-Dweller 1665 Great White RAIL."

Many thanks, Jerry, aka TLV1665
TLV1665 is offline   Reply With Quote