View Single Post
Old 15 November 2010, 10:10 AM   #85
king1412
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Over on the Rolex forum, there are those that poo-poo the LM and say it's not worth the price premium over regular POs. Some even go so far as to say they prefer the regular PO (matte dial)....

I've only seen pix of the LM, and to me, it looks fantastic.....

Wondering what y'all think, if anything, of the criticisms.

I saw that thread. I own both Rolex and Omega so I speak from both sides. There will always be more people choosing the Sub-C over the PO LM as every man and their dog has a Sub-C. PO LM owners belong in a rare and exclusive club. There are only 1947 (I have 2 PO LM) of us. Just look at the For Sale section, there are so many Sub-Cs for sale but not one PO LM.

As for the PO vs PO LM comparison, the PO is a great watch but the PO LM is on another level. Hold the watch next to each other and the PO LM's dial, bezel, applied markers and logo is a huge improvement over the PO.

As for the Sub-C vs PO LM. No contest. It's PO LM all the way. Exclusivity and rarity goes to the PO LM. Looks goes to the PO LM as the Sub-C looks dated. Both watches keep good time and can last a lifetime. Generally, a Rolex will hold their value better than an Omega but in the case of PO LM and the Sub-C, the PO LM due to it's exclusivity will hold their value better than the mass-produced Sub-C.
king1412 is offline   Reply With Quote