View Single Post
Old 19 April 2018, 12:43 PM   #1
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
Thoughts on Doxa?

Hi everyone

I'm currently on the hunt for my next piece (when are we not?), and I find myself in need of some advice. From what I've been able to tell from photos, I'm really into Tudor's offerings from Basel this year - particularly the GMT and the blue faced BB36. I've also had some pictures of Doxas pop up on various social media platforms lately which have piqued my interest as well (probably the SUB 1200T as I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on the 300 reissue).

I'm in no rush, so I don't mind waiting to see the Tudor pieces in person, but from what I understand Doxa is only available to order through their website. I'm hoping you folks could shed some light on how the Doxa wears, feels, and looks on the wrist. Is it something that could be worn in everyday situations, or is it more of a beach-swim-fun watch? Does it wear very large? The flared case and small dial are really throwing my eyes for a loop!

For reference, I have a Tudor Bronze and a Speedy Pro in my collection. I know the pieces I've mentioned above are fairly diverse in styling and function, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Any input is greatly appreciated, and as always pictures are very welcome.

Thanks!