View Single Post
Old 13 October 2015, 02:24 AM   #217
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlingherst View Post
I brought the watch back to Breitling, and the hands apparently have to be replaced every time the watch is serviced. the slight misalignment of the hand for days is apparently normal according to BUSA and the minute hand was replaced and realigned. no additional movement serviced was needed. With this confirmation from Breitling, I was happy with the watch until I sold it to fund an IWC DaVinci almost a year later.

I worked with Patrick at HSWA numerous times when my Nautilus was serviced and received a few Patek ties and hardbound book about Patek, without asking or complaining how long it took for the watch to be serviced. In fact that watch needed to be re-serviced due to an amplitude problem and HSWA turned the watch around in a few days. So maybe some respect and being cordial goes a long way as opposed to lecturing.

If you dislike Patek's customer service and poor finish on two watches, why are you still dealing with the company? Furthermore, why are you still dealing with your AD if he is treating you so poorly? For the third watch I am sure you will find fault with something else. There is timekeeping for you to agonize over, one pusher button may not be firm as another, the quick hour jump feature may not perfectly align to the next/previous hour, when does the date start to change, what about the quality of the clasp, is the bracelet too thin for a heavy watch, the bracelet doesn't click closed as firm as it should, etc. Vote with your wallet and go to another brand that will appreciate you, your money, and throw goodies at you when you make a fuss.

Good luck dealing with AP when you buy a perpetual calendar and you can agonize at exactly what time the hands start to move for day/date.
My point was, I could easily pick on you for little things that seem to bother you about your watches.. It's easy to come to this thread and say many of these defects would never bother you. To each their own.

Misaligned hands do bother you according to your thread.
Then you come in here and say that my misaligned hands wouldn't bother you..
Give me a break.