View Single Post
Old 10 February 2010, 11:07 AM   #45
DarkHorse
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118239
Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
great thread. thanks.

i have been thinking of getting a datejust with jubilee bracelet recently. either new or pre-owned, depends on what deal i can get, not too fussed.

quick questions -

is there anything i need to know when looking at a new one and a pre-owned one??

do they have different movements over the years?

whats the mai difference between a Date and a DateJust?

is a jubilee bracelet a "more appropriate" bracelet for the Datejust than the oyster bracelet?

what are the main differences between the clasp bracelet and the new hidden bracelet in jubilee style?

i have tried 2 new DateJusts yesterday, one with the hidden and the other with clasp bracelet, both SS models. the one i prefer has a white roman dial with the hidden clasp.

thanks in advance.
The current DJ's have used the 3135 movement since 1988. Prior to that the 3035 was used and before that it was 1575. The 3135 is regarded as an excellent workhorse-type movement.

The difference between a Date and Datejust is the size. A Date is 34mm and the DJ is 36mm.

In relation to which bracelet is more appropriate - that is a matter of opinion. There is a school of thought that the Jubilee looks better for formal occasions. There is also a school of thought that that fluted bezel works best with jubilee and bracelet and that domed looks better with oyster bracelet. Wear it how you like it!

Current: TAG Heuer 2000 Classic, Kobold Phantom Tactical Chronograph, Rolex Submariner 16610, Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronograph A13320 (Crowe Edition), Rolex Day-Date 118239

Last edited by DarkHorse; 10 February 2010 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: .
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote