View Single Post
Old 26 March 2020, 12:00 AM   #3837
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Could you define hoarding? Did you yourself not stock up on supplies early on, like I did (thought I remember reading you did this)... I wouldn't say I hoarded, but got a few more items planning for long term all before the media frenzy.

I think people are harshly criticizing hoarders, and it's very unfortunate that has come to this, but I can also understand the frenzy give the nature of the situation. I seriously don't want to leave my house for months, and I know I'm going to need to eventually though. I did not get nearly enough toilet paper for the record, but I have not run out yet. Hopefully the situation gets under control for everybody before too long.
inevitable I suppose. sigh..

interesting that you picked up that out of all the I wrote.

yes, I did stock up. In fact, when I stocked up it was well before the panic. I was one of 3 people in the entire store and everything was fully stocked. I did not pick up any more than myself and my wife reasonably needed.

When things started to get nuts, my wife ordered some extra of everything on amazon. Nothing more than we could reasonably need. when we found out delivery services were 7-10 days out, we ordered some more...knowing that we would soon be out of what we bought.

that said, hoarders are the ones that have months of supplies on hand that they will likely never need. The ones that have way more than they could ever use. The ones that you see fighting in the videos. the ones that fill up because it is there and they are terrified someone will get something that they might need in the future.

I have enough to get by. And every few days I go back to the market with gloves on and sanitizer and wipes and I pick up some more eggs and whatever fruits and vegetables I can find. so far, I have not had trouble finding anything except for toilet paper and paper towels.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)