View Single Post
Old 25 June 2022, 12:56 AM   #146
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
So what you're saying, if you had gotten all the airdrops and sold them at the perfect timing, then you could have made a lot of money. well that's not how things work. at best you can say how much they were worth at the time of airdrop. Cuz if those people had kept their airdrops and their NFTs, they'd be worth much much less.

nonetheless. the whole thing was a farce. hype + getting transactions and money moved = more money for creators. It has zero true value to society =/
i never said perfect timing, you would have at MINIMUM made 200k and upwards of 400k if sold at the perfect time. i provided the values for both at the time of drop and peak for both air drops in that post. ape coin was dropped at $10 and never went below it (as in, it went to 28 without dropping below air drop value and then crashed). that's 100k minimum. same for the land

ape coin dropped at $10 is $100k for free over night if you sell upon arrival. the peak for it was $28 which means you would've made near $300k if you sold the top. the land was air dropped at 40 eth, it went down shortly after. don't know the peak but if you immediately sold both you made $200k for free + 20k-30k for the mutant whenever it dropped, and mutants peaked at around $100k. between those 3, total of about 250k guaranteed at minimum and 500k if you somehow managed to time the top

i don't own any nfts and don't really understand them so that's a different conversation. my point was just that there were kids who made at least 200k for free through these air drops and there are tons more for other nfts. money was falling out of the sky for them as if the fed was printing it straight to their house. if you're in college and made 200k over night then buying a 5711 at grey market value is nothing because they have no value of money. on the time piece trading channel they had an episode where they had someone whos been in crypto since almost the beginning and he mentioned he bought a 41mm AP chrono from the ape coin air drop
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote