View Single Post
Old 10 September 2017, 04:20 PM   #5
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Not that cheap downunder :( think I paid about $20-25ea in the early days; local pens shop asking $35ish I think...

How do you find them?

I didn't bother getting the set, I prefer multiples of the narrower ones & no use for the "highlighter" currently got 3 red & 1 orange inked up.

I play with the Parallel rainbow ink pack, ink colour morphing is a cute party trick. The Parallel special ink feels thicker & smoother than normal FP ink; they recommend you don't use the Parallel carts in FPs.
The Parallel refills might fit a Lamy. They're pretty big at the opening. No official ruling here though. Have not checked. I paid $25 shipped in the US on eBay through goldspot pens. Shipping to AU sounds spendy. These pens are really fun though. Cost to fun ratio is high I cleaned and filled the 1.5mm pen today. Went with Diamine Sargasso Sea and it writes great! I might even take it to work! I'm done using highly saturated inks in my spendy pens. The dry out time is very quick and piston fillers are not fun to clean with these inks. The parallel set really shows the inks better anyway.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote