View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 08:19 PM   #2
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyS View Post
Hi Guys, obviously like most of you I am a pretty keen Rolex enthusiast, and as we all know the current state of play with trying to obtain any stainless Steele sports model from an AD is frustrating to say the least. But there is one model that seems to far outweigh the rest as far as closed waiting lists and ott resale prices and that model is the ceramic Daytona. So my question is, is this accolade justified? I mean, is this your grail ss pro sport model? If so why? And if not what model is? The sea-dweller 126600 will probably be a shorter run so rarer, the sky dweller is by far the most complicated Rolex so should this not take the crown? Just food for thought..
Any hierarchy is an illusionary construct. The only "crown" is the Rolex trademark, and all Rolex wear them. The Daytona is the pinnacle of nothing, it's just another Rolex.

Frankly, I find the desire of many to try and determine, establish, or lobby for what is the "best" model (which suggests there is some sort of objective hierarchy) pretty strange. Why, and why would anyone care?
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote