View Single Post
Old 10 August 2018, 10:12 AM   #108
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Icon19

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalboywatches View Post
All those saying “it’s fine”, “you’re being ridiculous” and “just wear it and enjoy it”, whilst trying to be reassuring and positive, are being subjective and condescending (by implying he is being overly pedantic) about the OP’s state of mind and at the same time ignoring the cold hard evidence we have been presented with- the photos.

I don’t know the OP and don’t care about whether he is being pedantic or not. What I do care about are the photos of his watch post polishing and the photos of the other users unpolished watch. You can clearly see that the polished watches lugs are slightly softer. The edge along the lugs reflect the light because of the ever so slight bevel that has been put on them. The photos of the unpolished watches lugs do not have this same reflection of the light along the edge- meaning that the edge is closer to 90 degrees (as it should be) than the edge on the OP’s lugs.

To say “just enjoy it and get on and wear it” is patronising and infantilises the OP and demeans what I believe are genuine concerns. The photos clearly show he is correct. There’s not much in it, but nevertheless the difference is there.
Hear Hear!

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote