View Single Post
Old 23 October 2018, 02:32 AM   #241
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
My eyesight is the same.
Personally i am just thankful our Rolex watches are arguably the most reliable water proof watches on the market. And it's due in part to the patented Rolex Screw down crown as it currently is.
The screw down crown was not a Rolex invention around 1925 Hans Wilsdorf of the RWC heard that two watchmakers one was Paul Perregaux other George Perrolet they had taken out a Swiss patent for the first twin lock screwed stem system crown.Now Hans Wilsdorf of Rolex grasped that a hermetically sealed case, together with careful fitting of the crystal and a special stem mechanism, would produce a better waterproof wristwatch.He quickly negotiated to have the Perregaux patent assigned to him. Wilsdorf then obtained a British patent on October 18 1926 soon after the Rolex Oyster was born and became a commercial success.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote