View Single Post
Old 27 October 2018, 09:24 AM   #47
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Ben Bridge in Washington Square (outside of Portland) renovated their store a few years ago so that their Rolex section is a mini boutique. In addition to the counter cases, they added wall cases. These days, the wall cases are 100% empty, 100% of the time. I would estimate the counter cases are consistently more than 50% empty. So to get rid of the "ghost town" look, they'd not only have to shrink down the counter displays, but get rid of the wall cases altogether. No amount of shrinking is going to put watches in them without increased supply. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. You gotta have something, if you want to fill the case.
What’s a few years? 3-4? Ok....If you subscribe to the notion that Rolex dictates display and presentation, that means someone from Rolex signed off on the renovation. If their master strategy is limiting supply why would they pull a 180 from a previous expansion? That don’t make no sense. To me, your example furthers my position: this is simply a matter of excessive demand.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote