View Single Post
Old 11 February 2014, 09:35 AM   #12
AnnemarieGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
They are probably the best grey dealers in the UK. Look on TZ-UK they get great reviews from the UK WIS.
While I am familiar with the term grey dealer I have never really quite understood the meaning. Does this mean there is something illegitimate about them and something I should watch out for? I called Rolex HQ earlier and was told that only ADs are given access to the Rolex Stolen Register, therefore how could I be assured I am not buying a stolen watch and what backup do I have if it turns out I have? What are the issues getting a watch from abroad? International warranty yes, but is that OK? Can name and warranty info be transferred into my name or is it always registered to original purchaser? What about when flying out of UK, will I be stopped and asked if the watch was bought here? Can it be confiscated if they know it wasn't? Tax issues etc, VAT issues... so many questions, and many more I can't think of right now! Can anyone give me complete peace of mind from their own buying experiences? What is it about Italy too? Why do so many watches get sourced from their? Any Italian members here that can shed light on this? Should I just fly to Italy and buy direct? Thanks! AM...
AnnemarieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote