View Single Post
Old 11 October 2018, 01:03 PM   #159
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
+1

- send a message to their Linkedin and eBay account to make sure their account is legit.
- search their email, phone numbers, name, address, bank information, etc.
- for wiring, do it Monday/Tuesday (takes 1 day for clearance)
- make sure seller ship by Thursday OVERNIGHT 1 day service (no exception) in order to receive it by Friday. Make sure the package doesn't sit in a warehouse or truck during the weekend. Even AD is aware of this process.
- if seller can't agree to the terms when dealing with high value money, then no deal.
- avoid seller with no references or newbies or flippers. They have no knowledge in shipping or experience.

- for 20K watch, I would fly out there and get it authenticated by a professional...no exception. Then again, I would just buy it locally from a local with reputation. There are plenty of Rolex watches out there....
I agree with all these points, but why can’t you just FaceTime with the seller? I’ve purchased 4 pieces here and have FaceTimed/Skyped or F2F before any money was sent so I could see the person I’m doing biz with catch a screenshot of them as well as make sure the piece I’m inquiring about is in their possession

Sorry OP but your in a horrible situation that probably won’t get resolved in your favor. These cyber criminals have taken theft to a new level, use all resources you have to protect your hard earned cabbage rather than just trusting some references
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote