View Single Post
Old 11 October 2018, 01:12 PM   #160
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk45 View Post
Appreciate all who have chimed in. There is no doubt I should have been more vigilant - I usually am and suffice to say this is a terrible experience. Like many here, I have worked incredibly hard to be able to indulge in this hobby. I have bought and sold 5 watches here over the last 6 months buying from and selling to both known trusted sellers and regular TRF members who, like me, enjoy this hobby and trusted me to make good on my end by overcommunicating and providing all of the info needed and reassurances required to provide them with peace of mind because of my relatively low post count and recent membership.

I am not wealthy and have worked so hard to save this money. This is a significant loss for me. I have shared my experience here to save others the heartbreak and hassle.

Here is an update on my end:

As expected - the watch never came. As of last night he had emailed and texted asking me for my wire info so he could send me a refund. I haven't sent my info because I cannot risk compromising myself further by providing him with more info he could potentially use to defraud me further.

@watchguy007 and @vipereaper30 - contact me directly and let's see what we can do in terms of organizing our efforts.

Regardless of the outcome, a very bitter pill to swallow. I appreciate all of the insight and concerns by the community here and will share more once I am able. Please PM me directly if you have experienced any scams involving this seller so we can coordinate and document accordingly.
This tears me apart
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote