View Single Post
Old 6 December 2018, 03:37 AM   #126
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Whoa!..just saw this. Oh man, soo happy to hear the good news! Keep us posted. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk45 View Post
Condition is TBD as I haven't gotten my hands on it yet...police said it appears to be "ticking" but that the case and bracelet appear to have sustained some minor damage - whether its a ding/scratch/scrape remains to be seen but they confirmed the glass on both sides was not cracked. As soon as I get the watch back, I'm sending it straight to AP for inspection and repairs - whatever it takes to restore the watch to it's original working order and condition.

My CC insures me up to $10K for replacement or repair so praying that whatever the damages are, they're minor and easily replaced - I'm more concerned about the movement and case than the bracelet for obvious reasons as I wouldn't watch to have the watch re-cased but also hope the damage isn't so bad that it cannot be buffed out. Whether or not any potential impact damaged the movement will also have to be determined later.

The saving grace is that the watch case was fairly robust and padded - I also covered the watch in bubble wrap inside the case. I'll be curious to see if any of the damages are a result of the thief wearing and banging it around carelessly - whether or not I'll be able to prove that and pursue some kind of restitution from him is another story but I will be pursuing every legal option at my disposal.

Fingers remain crossed but I am just over the moon that my watch is recovered and am anxiously awaiting the results of the investigation as an arrest has been made.
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote