View Single Post
Old 20 November 2016, 10:14 AM   #1
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
1 Daytona, 2 Years, 700 Posts later...

And I'm still head-over-heels in LOVE.
DISCLAIMER: This is a story review. If you want the tech'iest part, scroll down to:
Post #701

Ref. 116520 white dial

It has been just over two years since I decided to make the single largest purchase of my life. I drove an hour in LA traffic to get to my AD straight after 8 hours at the hammer. I walked out with a large smile, an empty wallet and a brand new 2014 SS Rolex Daytona.

Fast forward two years and I must admit...I have formed a bond with this watch that I only share with one other inanimate object: my electric guitar. At first, I was very cautious about my watch. I was uncomfortable wearing something 'so expensive' I was anxious about what people would think, I was nervous about damaging it. But then the UNSPEAKABLE happened: my first scratch! It was a doooozie, alright. Direct hit onto a glass partition in my office, causing a fantastic notch on 6'-side link #1, just below the lug.

After the dust settled I noticed I was still alive, I didn't have to toss out my watch yet, and I still had my dignity (sans a single silent tear in the break room), so I decided to enjoy my watch a little more--adventurously. Since that time, I have taken my Daytona on cross-country road trips, interstate bike treks, beach days, weekend campouts, day hikes, plane rides, club nights, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and basically any day-to-day activity where I am required to have arms. The only place I refuse to wear my Rolex is at the gym...just..no. So, naturally, I don't go to the gym

:________HERE_______:
After everything this watch and I have gone through together, I have always found my Daytona astonishingly comfortable on the wrist. My break in period I had to learn to take it off and let my wrist breathe. Also taught myself to bathe it every week or so to prevent getting a rash on my seeeensitive skin, especially when I was hiking and biking with it.

Contrary to popular belief, I find the Daytona incredibly easy to read; albeit trying to use a quick glance to read the chrono is damn-near impossible without memorizing the indices on the sub-dials. Luminosity is fantastic, and always seems to surprise my girlfriend by how bright it gets without force-charging it.

Long story short, I LOVE my Daytona. It has served me perfectly and will continue to do so for MANY years to come. This watch is a true testament to the quality, craftsmanship, heritage and strength of the Rolex brand.

Now for two more years, and hopefully an incoming or two...or three.

Thanks for reading, ladies and gents.... And Thanks Hans and Paul.

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote