View Single Post
Old 23 March 2019, 11:36 PM   #84
madugo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Sure, supply is playing a role to be sure. But to say it’s only a supply issue when all one has to do is to look at the gray market. The market has become bifurcated. I mean I bought my first Daytona in 1998 or so, and even then it was a 2 year waiting list. If you look at when things started getting real tight, it’s really only in the last 4 years with new gray dealers popping up everywhere. Demand has gone up, but likely steadily since the recovery. Now the recession back in 2009, did not hit the Rolex buying crowd nearly as hard as others, so I have no reason to believe that there was an explosion in demand especially in an era where folks wearing watches have been steadily declining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for sure not as crazy as it gets. I rembered maybe only daytona is hard to get. Look at nowadays, black sub..hulk..batman..
Another reason maybe that a few years ago, iwc, panerai were also hot watches, took some market share from rolex. Nowadays rolex just seems kinda monopoly in their SS line price range.
madugo is offline   Reply With Quote