View Single Post
Old 3 November 2019, 10:17 AM   #3
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csj View Post
Supposably no issues with the orange "vulcanized" rubber on the bezel. I don't have this watch but also heavily considered it and had many questions about the slight bit of orange rubber in the bezel. Have yet to hear anything negative about it. Its a great looking watch and very light. The adjustable clasp is also amazing to say the least!

I am not sure how the titanium holds up, but I believe Omega uses grade 5 titanium which is the highest quality. There should be no issues with its longevity in any respect.

Also, this watch is NOT rare. It is available in the display case at pretty much all Omega boutiques and authorized dealers, usually on a rubber strap, but the bracelet is easy to find as well. If purchasing from an AD (which I would recommend) you should be getting at least 10% off MSRP.

Hope this helps!
Awesome- thanks!

Are you still considering it? Or did you pick out something else?
Is there anybody with this watch here?
Could I be the first?

The one thing that bothers me about it somewhat is the thickness of the watch. I'll have to go back and see if it will fit under a shirt cuff since it's going to be worn in an office.

It just seems rare- usually if you google a XXXXX watch review, you'll get loads- ablogtowatch, hodinkee, watchtime, various forums. This particular model doesn't seem to be popular among buyers.

I think for a PO than can lose up to 50% of its value and is priced at a $2300 premium over the SS, I don't see too many people actually buying it. The SS model at $6550 x 15% discount- man you really can't complain about it too much.

I thought the numbers on the grey part of the bezel got washed out depending on the viewing angle.

At first I wrote the watch off since I have a slim wrist but it looked fine when I tried it on. I love it since it's rare(to me), got a clear caseback, is made of Ti, and it's an Omega Diver- have a long personal history with them, so have a soft spot for it.

The sensible side of me says to buy a Rolex diver, but I've never been sensible about this stuff- I always buy the non-investment pieces…

Yup this Omega with a $$$$ price premium and a 50% drop in value is calling my name. This is exactly up my alley…
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote