View Single Post
Old 17 December 2022, 09:58 PM   #1
Amplifiednation
"TRF" Member

Looking to buy a Rolex…why do sellers on here feel like scammers?

I have been in the market for a Batgirl reference 126710. Found two sellers that wanted to play…

First transaction seemed legit, but seller was kind of weird on the phone, talking very low and hard to understand. Then he was emailing at 3:45 am then again at 6:15am which I found to be odd. He was pushing hard for payment. I could not find him on google and I felt like the price was too good to be true. He gave me two references that I email and they both said almost the exact same thing...both calling him a "gentleman". He then deleted the listing before the deal was done!

Seemed like a lot of red flags, so I backed out. The seller flipped and started swearing which made me feel glad we did not do business. His user name is CapeCodeRolex.

During that transaction I had been talking to another seller who also offered an aggressive price, but said he sold the watch to someone else before we got to the point of making a deal. User is watchandbullion

Two days later watchandbullion emails back to check in, and has good news; his friend in TX has a brand new one for sale. He said the TX seller did not have an online forum account but I should email him. We email sporadically for a day or two.

TX seller says he is worried about sharing info online, but will do the deal; sends me pictures and bank info. I can not find this gentleman online via google. No linked in page or any of the normal stuff (people search, facebook etc). I requested a phone call, but the TX seller refuses.

I go back to check the watchandbullion account last night on TRF and he’s “banned” which is obviously a huge red flag. Account was opened in August.

What is going on at TRF??? Is this really how you guys do business?? Or am I being overly skeptical?
Amplifiednation is offline   Reply With Quote