View Single Post
Old 4 November 2018, 09:29 PM   #2
mojomomo
"TRF" Member

Long time lurker, first time poster, happy to assist!

I own this watch and it was the 4rd Rolex I purchased after a DJ2, Yachtmaster and Sub no date, so I've got a good basis for comparison on the Rolex models.

I wanted something classical Rolex (36mm, jubilee and fluted bezel) but still a bit different over the typically standard Roman or stick dials. I like this dial as it's got some unique elements:

1) the upside down numerals (I dislike when the numerals shift at 4 and 8 as with most other Arabic dials),

2) the crisscrossing pattern in the centre, while the numerals area is smooth,

3) the subtle purple colour on the numerals,

4) 2 different lumes, green on the hands and blue on the numerals (lume is still crappy though, it barely lasts),

5) sunburst finish on the dial, which Rolex just does right.

My wrist size is 7" to 7.5" depending on the weather but the watch is very comfortable to wear, more so than a Sub, and the light coloured dial with the case dimensions makes the watch wear bigger than 36mm. The jubilee bracelet hides scratches well and along with the fluted bezel, both are amazing in the light. The watch really catches your eye.

Because of the fun dial, I can wear this watch with shorts and a T shirt, but it's equally at home with a suit or business casual wear. It's genuinely one of my favourite pieces and best of all: no waiting list
mojomomo is offline   Reply With Quote