View Single Post
Old 29 January 2017, 12:05 AM   #96
rnrmbs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchthefatkid View Post
Personally, I've lost a little bit of respect for Omega over this watch.

Omega have always been criticised for producing too many 'Special Editions' of the Speedmaster.

I've never previously had a problem with that as I've always felt that they were justified as they were generally to commemorate certain anniversaries of the space missions etc.

This watch however is something quite different.

What is it actually celebrating? The fact that a lot of people subscribe to a website??? WOW!

To me it smacks of 'Cashing in' or 'making a quick buck'

No disrespect to anyone that's ordered one, but to me the watch itself looks cheap - that thin brown strap looks nasty.

The fact that it can only be purchased online also makes it a bit 'Gimmicky' to me.

I'm sorry Omega but Rolex would never do such a thing.

It actually hurts me to write this post as I always previously loved Omega (I own 2 Sea masters) but this has taken the edge off a bit...
I don't think you understand the story behind this watch. This Speedy is NOT designed by Omega, but by the guys behind fratellowatches.com. This is what's makes it kinda special, first Speedy to be designed by fans, without interfering whatsoever. It's their "reward" for making Speedy Tuesday go viral worldwide, and Omega is making money on it like a company should.

I'd say a win-win. I got one, it's a totally different LE than most others. Loads of history in this watch. You won't see Rolex do this, ever, they are to arrogant to listen to their costumers. And yeah, that's strong too i guess.