View Single Post
Old 9 August 2016, 11:52 PM   #7
Bling72
"TRF" Member

I don't know, there's so much debate regarding should you keep the watch ticking, or not.

If you go to any AD, you will find none of them ticking. When someone buys one, they will eventually wear it, and it will begin to tick, the warranty applies up to day x x x x, whether you wear it or not.

Some would argue if you stop wearing it, and after x hours, it stops ticking, you leave it for long periods of time, the lubricants start to slowly dry out. However I seen Rolex's tick fine for many years, even ones that are overdue for a service.

If you choose to service your Rolex, the procedure they will go through is the same check list whether you wore it a lot or not, they will inspect every part, and replace any part that is required from wear and tear.

For those who own more than one watch, then it becomes more of a time-share management issue of wearing all of their watches. Some may not even wear one or some of them at all, and some will always argue against a watch winder and refuse to acknowledge any argument to the contrary.

At the end of the day it's one of those personal choices. However make no mistake, take note that they are literally 100's of companies out there that make an excellent range of watch winders, many which hold and wind more than 1 watch. I seen expensive ones that can wind 12 watches. So they are out there, I saw a huge stand in Baselworld with an impressive range.

It is at least worth checking them out and asking all the questions you can. If you can go to a shop that sells them, why not take a look? No harm in that. At least you have one perspective about your question, that you have your own eyes, ears, and touch to have your own personal opinion about it.

I seriously doubt if any shop will let you borrow one of theirs.
Mont Blanc Starwalker Red Gold Fineliner & Mech Pencil
Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Red Gold 90th Anniv FPen
Bling72 is offline   Reply With Quote