View Single Post
Old 22 December 2018, 05:13 AM   #19
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Great review. Happy you love the watch. Congrats!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Congrats. It’s a really good watch. I’ve tried both blue and black on and prefer the blue. Have yet to see the grey dial in the flesh however. I agree with you in that it is an awful lot of watch for the money. I’d certainly be hard pushed to shell out the extra £3k for a sub if I was in that situation. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega delivers this time. It's a lot of watch for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Amazing photos (as usual)!

Many congrats. It surely is a looker, and wonderfully modern.

Personally, I’m really torn between the blue and black.
No wrong choice here. Both are nice. I just generally prefer blue dial watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Excellent photos of a gorgeous watch. Congratulations and thanks for sharing those awesome pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Ok, this just about tips me over the edge good!! I am ready to run to the boutique today!

Great review and awesome shots as always

This one is so money:

Thank you! The watch itself is very photogenic, hence the nice pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Excellent pics. Really shows off the range of this dial.

In recent history, this Seamaster 300 really seems to be the biggest hit Omega has had. The execution is on point and it’s, rightfully so, received a ton of good press and fanfare.
This is the Best Omega watch I have seen ( and now owned ) for a while. Omega really goes all the way to put out a superior product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
The box is even way nicer than what you get with Rolex.
Yes, especially it's nearly half the price of a comparable Rolex model. Not that it really matters, but Rolex has one of more "cheap looking" watch box in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlaw View Post
nice review and photos

no bad choices on the dial - personally I chose the black

you need to add the blue and grey striped omega nato strap as it will look excellent on that watch - I have bought the black with white edges for my watch but not tried it yet

I have had a sub c in the past for 6 years and eventually sold it as I did not really "love" it - may be it was the maxi case - I agree with you that this omega makes a the grey market price of a sub c a bit silly - 3 times the price ? you have to be the most blinkered rolex fan to see value in that
The black is very nice as well, probably more versatile. Agree with you on the relative value versus the Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
Congrats! Curious to hear your thoughts on the grey dial as I haven't seen many reviews on this dial.
The grey dial is actually more silvery than grey. It has a striking blue steel hands and there is good contrast between the blue ceramic bezel. However, I feel it's actually the lesser of the three SS combo. It's personal taste really but I find it kind of "wash-out".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzeband00 View Post
Pretty detailing review. congrats and wear in good health
Thanks, appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful piece. Congrats..
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Congrats! Just looked at them today in
Person and was very impressed. Rubber was thin but very comfortable.

Couple of questions..
1. Did you consider rubber or was it always going to be bracelet for you?
2. Is this a watch that one can get a discount at a boutique or is it MSRP given its popularity ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1) I prefer it on bracelet as it's more practical for me and also because the price difference is very minimal. I can add a rubber strap later on.

2) Yes I did get a discount from my AD. But I supposed this varies with country and your relationship / purchase history with the AD you are dealing with. Boutique will probably be less willing to discount. I also heard there is starting to have a waitlist for this watch as it's gaining popularity quickly due to many great reviews both on the internet and by word of mouth but I can't say for sure. I don't think it will be anything like getting a hard to get Rolex SS sports watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodie9 View Post
Love it Ben. That was the watch that started me down this path as well back in 1998. Love the new look and grey dialed model. Congrats.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
these photos make me want one!
What are you waiting for? It's most certainly much easier to get than the Nautilus 5711-1R.