View Single Post
Old 18 May 2019, 10:20 AM   #48
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modavader2 View Post
Really good information on this thread. It helped me get the right parts and do the swap out on my own. Thanks to everyone that provider some good photos!

Once I put the new adjustable clasp on my bracelet I had to remove one link due to the larger size of the new adjustable clasp. With the old non-adjustable clasp I had an even number of links on both the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock sides of the bracelet. I ended up removing the link on the 12 o'clock side.

Many sites will say when you have an even number of links and need to remove one to do so on the 6 o'clock side.

But with the adjustable clasp when you move it out due to warmer weather, the adjustment moves out on the 12 o'clock side of the bracelet. So in my experimenting on which side was better to have a link removed, it was best in my opinion to take one off the 12 o'clock side. Made a pretty big difference overall.

Hope this helps.

Classic Moonwatch (Hesalite) with the adjustable clasp is awesome! This watch is getting some serious wrist time with the 50th anniversary of the Lunar Landing coming up in a couple of months.
Interesting tip, thank you!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote