View Single Post
Old 26 May 2014, 09:40 PM   #21
Philipp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonsmith View Post
Phillip,

You outdone yourself once again. Thank you for posting.

Where can we find Part I. (oops found it... my bad... I should have looked :bang head:)

Also, you going to be at IWJG in Las Vegas Monday-Tuesday. Would like to see you.

Best,

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon, I hope all is fine with you!

Sorry, I won't be in Las Vegas but you can reach me on info@rolexpassionreport.com if you have any questions.

&

Thanks to all of you, greast seeing you all like the guidance so much!

I just updated with the by me forgotten " Provenance " :bang head:

Provenance: I like to add in a update the proven history of a watch. Wikipedia says about provenance: The chronology of the ownership, custody or location of a historical object. the primary purpose of tracing the provenance of an object or entity is normally to provide contextual and circumstantial evidence for it’s original production or discovery, by establishing, as far as practicable, it’s later history, especially the sequences of it’s formal ownership, custody and places of storage. The practice has a particular value in helping authenticate objects but establishing provenance is essentially a matter of documentation.

With a Rolex this could ve the original Rolex warranty papers that state the reference number and in some cases the serial number, the COSC chronometer certificate that state the serial number and movement number, the original receipt stating the price and article description, later service papers confirming the serial and reference numbers. Having pictures from the past showing the owner while wearing it and a letter stating it’s history is a must. As Rolex has delivered many different markets in the world, sometimes using local suppliers like we see with bracelets a lot for instance, many different versions of the same reference have come to the market. Having a proper provenance can provide us prove about the originality how it has been delivered initially. When you buy a vintage Rolex from first owner or from the relatives, always ask for extra information they can add. The more provenance you have, the better it is!

The complete guidance is on: http://rolexpassionreport.com/14962/...vintage-rolex/
Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote