View Single Post
Old 18 June 2019, 09:30 AM   #84
PhilK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
Hey folks,

A short update on this thread.

Since I last posted the MK VI dial as purportedly the last dial variant known of the 16610LV aka Submariner 50th anniversary model, I have received several photos and comments sent to my email on this dial variant. Recently, a forumer (let’s call him AJ since he specifically asked me not to mention his name) was kind enough to snap a few pictures of his precious find to lend a hand in identifying the MK VI dial found only on the “AN” series and as replacement dial thus far.

What is interesting about this piece is the ultra rare MK VI dial that is found on his “AN” series 16610LV, which IMHO as mentioned in the OP, is probably rarer than the MK I dial! What makes this piece even more interesting is the warranty card was dated December 2014, a good 3 – 4 years after production was discontinued!

Do note that the warranty card spots the new style Rolex warranty card where Rolex started issuing around one plus years ago. And this set came with it! Another rarity!!

According to AJ, he bought this piece from an AD in Singapore in December 2014 but the AD told him that they got this BNIB piece since late 2013 (!) and has been sitting in their store before he purchased it.

There you have it all…. In term of rarity, it’s a

1. “AN” series 16610LV,
2. Brand New In Box set,
3. MK VI dial variant
4. and lastly the new style Rolex warranty card !

Pictures will be uploaded in the next post. Stay tuned…
Have just found this post..... I purchased my LV brand new in the UK in Dec 2010. It still has its seals intact and has a MK VI dial on a random serial number.
PhilK is offline   Reply With Quote