View Single Post
Old 27 March 2017, 04:51 AM   #34
Esoteric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhipooh View Post
I tried on a Grey Side of the Moon Omega over the weekend and was totally impressed by it. I am still a devoted Rolex fan, but the GSotM is absolutely gorgeous. Anyone else here find this watch a worthy addition if all your other watches are Rolex timepieces?
It's a great watch, IMHO, and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Being a Rolex fan doesn't preclude you lusting after other watches :)

It wears smaller than it's size would suggest and, whilst on paper it is on the thick side, it fits my wrist perfectly and to be honest doesn't look too thick on the wrist. It's delightful to wear it everyday and not have to worry about scratches etc. Of course there are those on TRF that simply adore scratches so maybe its not the watch for them.

Finally, what do you care what other people think? I wore mine to a Redbar event and received a lot of criticism. Omega are diluting the brand, Grey is not a good color for a watch, the Date dial should be dial colored, coaxial movement is unproven, etc. etc.

I like to judge a watch entirely on it's merits and not get into debate about marketing and resale value etc. etc.

It's a unique watch, with a great movement and whilst not perfect does offer a compelling ownership experience. So if you like it get it!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote