View Single Post
Old 20 May 2017, 11:35 PM   #34
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks everyone for such kind words. I love taking pics of my watches and the DJ2 dial combo is a stunner as there is so many angles and reflections to play with the light. I wanted to take a few good ones when posting the unboxing. The lume gif was just a quick dark bathroom pic with a pretty short exposure rate to give a "accurate" lume representation. Gif created via "Adobe Paint shop" in my studio.

Accuracy so far has been outstanding with 0 seconds deviation for a day now. It does appear that Rolex's 2 second accuracy standard has produced real world results. That said, my 17yr old Bluesy when regulated by Rikki will keep the same standard of accuracy.

Bracelet adjustment with clasp feels different than older Rolex models: I also noticed that the new clasp with easylink can be adjusted within the bracelet links different from almost all my other watches (Omega PO, Rolex, Breitling,etc..). Normally I like less links on the 6 o'clock side of the watch. This is a very common practice. I found when the new easylink Rolex clasp sits with a even amount of links on both sides is more comfortable and positions the clasp similar to the older way I use to size a bracelet. Interesting. I initially adjusted the bracelet as I would any other watch with one less link on the 6 o'clock side (4 links - 6 links). It was good but didnt center the clasp on my wrist like every other watch (including my TT Sub). When adjusting the links evenly(5 links - 5 links) resulted in a more comfortable result.
Its been said before but I will say it again, the bracelet and clasp construction of the new Rolex design is solid as a rock. The clasp is precision bank vault secure. I have no reservations taking my DJ2 on light snorkeling dives over vacations. There is no side to side play along the entire length of the bracelet feeling like a solid strip of steel is wrapped around my wrist.

Wearability: I wanted to try on my other larger watches that were 42-45mm back to back with the DJ2 to give a honest comparison. The DJ2 with the fluted bezel punches way above its 41mm weight class on the wrist and visual presence. Even though it is only 41mm, it wears and shows like a honest 43mm on the wrist. (IMO) It does this visual trick without being bulky or thick. Being thinner is what setts the DJ2 apart and lets this model be a suit watch as well as your sports watch. It's not thick and chunky like a dive watch but still has the wrist presents of a larger watch. To demonstrate this, I tried on several different larger sports watches with the DJ2 for my wife to guess if they were the same size. She is use to seeing me in larger watches and in here eyes the DJ2 looked to be the same size as my 44mm Breitling Black Bird. She also said the DJ2 looked larger than my classic Bluesy so the fluted bezel of the DJ2 is certainly giving a visual effect of size and opening up the dial circumference to your eyes.

Here is a similar comparison pic of my new DJII and my classic Bluesy.