View Single Post
Old 19 August 2019, 11:44 AM   #96
Dr.Teatime
"TRF" Member

Well said
I got mine a couple of years ago, and my AD even offered a discount on the 5712.
I bought it as a 40th b-day present to myself-
I have no intention of flipping it.... but thats just me.
The speculation market seems to detract from the idea of buying a fine time piece for the joy of wearing it. It may be time to consider the independents- seema to be less chatter about whether a Vouti, Claret or Rexhepi is going to surge in price. These are interesting intellectual convo’s but not really drive by horology...

Just my 2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
2015 was my first. I think it's a great watch, it fits my lifestyle and clicks a lot of the boxes for me personally. After all these are very objective purchases. I liked it enough to get a second one and the demand only supported the decision.

On the value side... Whatever at this point. If they go back down to MSRP I will continue to keep wearing both until the style no longer speaks to me. No different than any other watch.
But these weekly speculator/anti-speculator threads are getting really repetitive. It's starting to feel like the long vs shorts. It's not Tesla, Lumber Liquidators, Nvidia. It's just a pretty piece of steel that tells time.
Dr.Teatime is offline   Reply With Quote