View Single Post
Old 31 August 2019, 03:27 AM   #46
47Straight
"TRF" Member

So, in my quest to get a new bracelet for it, I have run into a couple of challenges:

1. The Rolex dealer in OKC said they can order a new 20-78350-19.2 bracelet for the watch, but they are concerned about it being an exact fit and want me to bring the watch in before they will order it. It's only a 2 hour drive, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to OKC to make that happen.

2. So I talked with my local Rolex dealer, who had originally said they could order it. Now they are saying that they can't order it though parts, but will have to order it through Rolex service. Rolex service is telling my local AD that I have to send them the watch before they will order it. Sorry, but I'm not going to send my Dad's watch to Dallas. I would have to insure it for $50,000 and I might as well put a "please steal me" sticker on the box.

So, I'm considering purchasing a used bracelet. The bracelet on the watch is an Oyster Rivet expanding made by C&I in 7/66. That's the only information I can find on it. From the research I've done, the vintage band for this watch would be either a 6635 (expanding) or 7205 (non-expanding) with 71 end links.

I've seen several of both on ebay and internet vintage dealers. The 7205s seem to run between $500 & $1000. The 6635s seem to run between $1000 and $3200.

I'd actually prefer a non expanding version. That being said, is there a way I can be reasonably certain the bracelet isn't a fake?

Also, is there anyone who can tell me specifically if a 7835 or 78350 will fit a 6238 Pre-Daytona?

Lastly, would there be a big fitment issue between 71, 60 or 57 end links? Could I used the end links that are on the original band?

Any additional info or experience would be greatly appreciated.
47Straight is offline   Reply With Quote