View Single Post
Old 31 March 2023, 07:50 PM   #241
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon86 View Post
I love the new Ingenieur release and thought it was very well done especially the wearability.

However building on the comments by 2 other previous posts, I am also in the camp that the pricing doesnt make sense. On one hand, you have also a beautifully done Mark XX with the same movement in steel bracelet priced at 6150; on the other hand you have the Ingenieur priced at 11,700 almost double the price. I doubt the improvement in power reserve and better finishing justify almost double the price. It feels even more overpriced if you compare to the full bracelet pilot chronograph which is priced at 8500.

I think we sort of have to admit that there is a Gerald Genta/hype premium that is priced into this, which is fine and understandable from a marketing point of view. But to say otherwise I think is to try close an eye just because its such an iconic watch that everyone is waiting for.
The funniest moment in Wei Koh's interview with the IWC CEO is when Wei Koh wonders - without blinking an eye - why IWC UNDER-priced this watch at about half of the other players in the integrated bracelet sports watch market.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote